Saturday, August 1, 2009

Narcolepsy


Narcolepsy
Originally uploaded by claytonjayscott.com

Well this was done 3 years ago and here we go again...

I'm on a train, but there's no one at the helm
And there's a demon in my brain who starts to overwhelm And there it goes, my last chance for peace
You lay me down, but I get no release, and I say I
I try to keep awake, I try to swim beneath, I try to keep awake

But I, I can feel this narcolepsy slide
Into another nightmare

And there's a demon in my head who starts to play
A nightmare tape loop of what went wrong yesterday
And I hold my breath 'till it's more than I can take
And I close my eyes I dream that I'm awake,
I try to keep awake, but I
I can feel this Narcolepsy slide
Into another nightmare.


I read dead Russian authors, Volumes at a time
I write everything down except what's on my mind
'Cause my greatest fear is the sucking sound
And then I know I'll never get back out
And there's a bone in my hand that connects to a drink
In a crowded room where the glasses clink
And I'll buy you a beer and we'll drink it deep
Because that keeps me from falling asleep, I said
How'd you like to be alone and drowning

Still I find this narcolepsy slide slide, Into another nightmare

Keep awake. Keep awake, Keep awake,
And I can fell this narcolepsy slide...

No comments:

Post a Comment